Do stretch marks that typically appear during pregnancy, or after rapid weight gain or loss make you feel bad about your body? Have you ever been crazy about a sexy bikini but you were not confident to wear it due to your ugly stretch marks? Or you always want to cover up them? Though it seems difficult to get these lines to disappear completely, you can diminish them by some simple ways. One of them is to use essential oils that have been proven to have positive impacts on minimizing the chances of getting stretch marks.
Top 6 essential oils for stretch marks
Do you know that essential oils not only help in weight loss but also significantly reduce the appearance of stretch marks? In this part, we introduce to you six best essential oils that are must-have items you need to have so as to deal with this problem.
Helichrysum essential oil originates from green leaves of an evergreen plant. Be one of the most effective and useful essential oils, it helps improve blood circulation in the damaged areas of your skin so that they can soon recover. Moreover, it works best to make more cell division. This plays a key role in giving rise to a new fresh dermis layer of the skin, which helps reduce and diminish the stretch marks. Additionally, the oil offers lots of amazing health benefits such as analgesia, diuretic, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic.
Extracted by steam distillation of sage leaves, sage essential oil is absolutely safe for even pregnant women to use. It increases and stimulates blood flow. You can add the oil to your warm bath or gently massage it into your stretch marks. In addition, it also has a number of therapeutic properties. It serves as an antifungal, antioxidant, antibacterial, expectorant, anti-inflammatory, laxative, disinfectant, etc. Furthermore, sage oil helps to regulate menstrual cycles, fade scars, improve digestive health as well as stimulate the brain and nervous system. Also, pay attention that this oil may intensify acne; thus, you should carefully use adequate quantity of the oil on your skin.
Rosehip oil is rich sources of essential fatty acids and antioxidants. Not only that, it is one of the mildest essential oils and famous in the cosmetic industry due to the great anti-aging properties it brings. The rosehip oil also contains high levels of vitamins, especially vitamin A. It is so gentle and quickly absorbs into your skin to replenish moisture and prevent dehydration. Regularly massaging a few drops of the oil onto the skin will help eliminate your ugly stretch marks. Additionally, it helps with eczema and acne scarring by promoting skin regeneration. Moreover, this oil is also a natural remedy to boost the immune system and treat infections.
Having a calming aroma, this oil is effective to diminish stretch marks, enhance blood circulation, induce sleep and eliminate nervous tension. Lavender essential oil has its abilities to prevent damage to your skin and rejuvenate the skin. Also, this oil is used as the main ingredient in many skin-care products and massage oil for removing stretch marks. It also acts as a good toner to revitalize the skin. You can mix this oil with the carrier oil or body butter then apply and massage the mixture into your existing stretch marks, which helps reduce and make them less noticeable. However, take heed that those suffering from diabetes or allergies should stay away from this oil.
Another essential oil for stretch mark removal is neroli oil. Produced from the blossom of the bitter orange tree, it has a citrusy and floral scent. The oil works perfectly to increase blood flow and stimulate the growth of new cells. Not only that, it prevents scarring and minimizes annoying stretch marks on your body. You can add a few drops of neroli oil to a cream or lotion in order to decrease stretch marks. The oil also helps regenerate and revitalize sagging skin after weight loss. In addition, neroli oil possesses a wide range of anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Lots of impressive benefits can be found in this fantastic oil such as the amazing abilities to reduce stress, alleviate headaches, lower blood pressure, relieve menopausal symptoms and so on.
If you are looking for a natural solution to stretch marks, you cannot ignore frankincense essential oil. It has a positive effect on lessening the chance for stretch marks while improving skin elasticity. In addition, it comes in handy in healing wounds and reducing the appearance of scars. Using this oil is an organic alternative to cope with undesirable skin conditions such as dark spots from acne, blemishes, and eczema. To get rid of stretch marks, you can massage 2-3 drops of the oil onto them and leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing it off with water. Or you can dilute the oil with the carrier oil and directly apply the blend to stretch marks. It not only acts as a useful treatment for stretch marks but also provides countless health benefits. They are the abilities to improve concentration, strengthen the immune system, cure insomnia, eliminate swelling, fight cancer, and ease digestion.
Patchouli essential oil is a natural treatment for stretch marks and home remedy for scar removal. This mystical oil has a musky, herbal, and earthy aroma that brings the body, mind, and spirit into balance. It prevents ugly stretch marks and scars as well as helps your skin recover more quickly. Moreover, it aids in the regeneration of the tissues and speeds up skin cell growth. Additionally, it is a great moisturizer that works for you to combat dry skin. People also use the oil as a great antimicrobial, deodorant, antiseptic, febrifuge, astringent, insect repellent, fungicide and so on. Not only that, it can remove toxins from your body, treat impotency, boost energy and fight depression.
How to mix essential oils for stretch marks?
To maximize the effects of essential oils, you can follow some recipes below. Our team guarantees they will bring you incredible results.
- 30ml carrier oil such as coconut oil, olive oil, or grape seed oil
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil
- 15 drops of geranium essential oil
- Mix these ingredients together and daily massage the mixture over the areas of stretch marks like thighs, belly, and breasts after a warm bath.
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil
- 1 cup of cocoa butter
- 30 drops of lavender essential oil
- 4-5 drops each of apricot and wheat germ oil (optional)
- Use a double boiler to liquefy the cocoa butter. Next, you add all of the lavender oil and avocado oil to the melted butter. You can use this salve as a cream to get rid of your stubborn stretch marks. If you have wheat germ and apricot oil, add a few drops to the blend for the best result.
- 20ml of wheat germ oil
- 50ml of sweet almond oil
- 30ml of rosehip oil
- 8 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops of mandarin essential oil
- Mix all of the essential oils in a small glass jar.
- Add the carrier oil to the mixture then put the lid on top of the jar.
- Gently shake the jar for 2-3 minutes to blend the oils together.
- Leave the mixture inside the jar for one day before the first use.
- Store in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
- Massage the mix into your skin gently and thoroughly.
- 5 drops of carrot oil
- 10 drops of borage seed oil
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil
- 2 tablespoons of almond oil
- 5 drops of tangerine essential oil
- 6 drops of lavender essential oil
- 7 drops of rose essential oil
- Mix everything well, except for three above essential oils. Add the essential oils to the mixture then continue blending. Use it to massage your thighs, hips, breasts, belly, etc. You should just use this mix within 60 days.
- Spearmint essential oil
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Fennel essential oil
- Angelica essential oil
- Carrier oil like sweet almond oil or jojoba oil
- Dilution ratio is about 1.5ml of the above essential oils to 30ml of the carrier oil.
- Blend all of them and massage into stretch marks after taking a warm shower for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 12 drops of mandarin essential oil
- 4 drops of jasmine essential oil
- 1 ounce of cocoa butter
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat then add the oils to it. Store the mix in a small glass jar. Rub it well into the affected areas twice per day.
- 15ml of wheat germ oil
- 5 drops of carrot oil
- 30ml of sweet almond oil
- 10 drops of borage seed oil
- Mix all of them together and apply to the parts of your body where stretch marks appear such as breasts, calves and upper arms, and buttocks.
- 9 drops each of lavender and neroli essential oil
- 2 ounces of rosehip seed oil
- Pour rosehip oil into a dark glass jar or bottle that is clean. Add the essential oils to it and shake well. Place the jar in a cool, dry and dark place. Apply it to your skin every day to fade stretch marks quickly.
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax
- 1/4 cup each of coconut oil and jojoba oil
- 1/2 cup of shea butter
- 10 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 20 drops of gentle baby essential oil
- 2 teaspoons each of vitamin E oil and rosehip oil
- In a small saucepan, melt aloe vera gel, beeswax, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and shea butter over medium-low heat.
- Stir until the mixture has melted completely.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mix then stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into small glass jars.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Store at room temperature.
- You can apply this smooth and creamy salve twice daily over the areas that have stretch marks.
- 3 drops each of sandalwood, frankincense, and lavender essential oils
- 5 tablespoons of sesame seed oil
- Blend the essential oils together. Mix the blend with sesame seed oil. Store this mix in a glass container. Make sure you massage it into the areas where stretch marks commonly appear on a regular basis.
If you are searching for natural ways to get rid of horrible stretch marks, consider trying 10 homemade stretch mark remedies using essential oils in the post. Give it a try then tell us how effective these essential oils are. Additionally, to prevent stretch marks, you should drink plenty of water, enjoy a nutritious diet, and keep your skin well moisturized. Also, do not forget to stay out of the sun and get regular exercise.