Looking Best Essential Oils for Hair Growth ? I will help you, with the following recipes, to prevent damage to your hair, repair and maintain that healthy glow and thickness.
The first thing you notice about people when you look at them…their hair. Do you want shiny, thick healthy hair? Be the envy of friends, family and even strangers? Here is how to let others admire not only your personality but also your hair. Naturally!!!
In our modern times there is really no need to use all kinds of dangerous and damaging chemicals on our hair. Essential oils have been used in hair recipes for a long time. Some shampoos do contain essential oils like tea tree, lavender, camomile and rosemary and many other essential oils but also contains damaging chemicals.
9 Of the best essential oils for hair growth
Just to help you know the oils you will be using on one of your prize possessions…your hair, I include some very helpful information below:
Tea Tree (Cleansing, Antiseptic and Antifungal)
Tea Tree Essential oil should be used with caution. Do not use neat or in high concentration. Tea tree is a very good way to rid your child’s hair of head lice. I find that head lice do not like the aroma of tee tree so by preventing head lice I would suggest a Tea Tree infused shampoo.Check on Amazon
Ylang Ylang (Antiseptic, Anti-Dandruff, Soothing, Stimulates)
Ylang Ylang works fantastic on oily hair. It increases the thickness of the hair. Say goodbye to split ends and dandruff when you use Ylang Ylang Essential Oil. The fragrance may cause headaches or nausea so do not use in high concentration.Check on Amazon
Helichrysum (Energizing, Stimulating)
Helichrysum’s penetrating scent combines well with the Mediterranean notes of Lavender and Citrus. It re-generates dead tissue and is a must for people suffering with dandruff. A good, relaxing scalp massage with a diluted Helichrysum Essential Oil will promotes nutrient and blood flow to the hair , improving their growth.Check on Amazon
Lavender (Healing, Stimulating, Calming, Balancing)
Lavender is suitable on all hair types. Lavender, he most popular, most used essential oil known. The use of Lavender Essential oil is limitless. Not only does it smell heavenly but it puts the shine back in your hair and promotes hair growth. Lavender is a must in your hair care kit.Check on Amazon
Cedarwood (Hair Tonic, Antiseptic, Astringent)
Cedarwood Essential Oil is a great tonic oil and very popular for using it for dandruff. Cederwood normalizes dry and oily scalp. It stimulates the scalp and hair follicles
and it promotes hair growth and prevents you from losing your hair.
Cypress (Astringent, Circulation, Tonic)
Add a glossy sheen to your hair with Cypress Essential Oil. It is also the perfect oil to keep dandruff away. Cypress oil reduces sebum secretion and keeps your hair looking healthy and shiny.Check on Amazon
Clary Sage (Revitalizing, Antiseptic, Soothing, Strengthening)
Clary Sage is good for all hair types. The fragrance of Clary Sage Essential Oil is rather heady and overwhelming, so use sparingly. It promotes hair growth, reduce hair loss and prevent dandruff. Clary sage help putting the shine back into your hair due to hormone imbalance.Check on Amazon
Rosemary (Antiseptic, Cleansing, Tonic)
Oily hair can be treated with Rosemary Essential Oil. It also promotes hair growth and improves blood and nutrient flow to hair follicles. It also livens up dull looking hair and put the bounce back. It is an excellent hair tonic as it is fresh and light.Check on Amazon
Camomile ( Healing, Tonic)
If you have fine to normal hair, use Camomile on your hair. It helps scaly scalps and psoriasis. Not only does Camomile calm and relax you as a person but it helps you to grow your hair faster. Damaged hair can also benefits from its healing properties.Check on Amazon
How to Mix Essential Oil for Hair Growth ?
Recipe 1: Hair Conditioning Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Jojoba Base Oil
- 3 Drops Rosemary Essential Oil
Mix the Jojoba and Rosemary in a small bowl. Apply the mixture on wet hair. Leave on for 15-30 minutes. Then, wash your hair as normal.
Recipe 2: Scented Hair
Apply 2 drops of Helichrysum or Lavender essential oils for hair to the bristles of your hairbrush and brush your hair well
Recipe 3: Revitalizing Oil Treatment
- 3 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 4 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Combine oils and apply to the ends of your hair
- Wrap hair with a plastic wrap and leave on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly
Recipe 4: Hair Mask
Happy young woman applying hair mask in bathroom
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 mug olive oil
- 2 drops Clary Sage
Mix ingredients and apply on hair before washing. Leave on for 1 hour. Rinse with lavender water.
Recipe 5: Anti-Dandruff Essential Oil Hair Mask:
Put 15ml Cider Vinegar into a dark glass bottle
Add 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil, 5 drops of Roman Camomile Essential Oil and 300ml
Shake the mixture well before each application.
Use on wet or dry hair 3 times a week and don’t rinse off.
Recipe 6: Healthy looking hair
- The quantity of the below is enough for one shampoo.
- 25g dried Soapwort Herb
- 25g dried Limeflowers
- 600ml Purified Water, Boiling
- 1tbs Lavender Essential Oil
Put the soapwort and limeflowers in a jug and pour over the boiling water. Cover the jug and leave to infuse for 30 – 40 minutes. Strain off the herbs and add the Lavender Essential Oil. Just before using, whisk with a fork to encourage froth. Pour through the hair, rubbing gently and massage the scalp. (It will NOT form lather). Finally rinse with fresh water.
Recipe 7: Hormone Balancing Shampoo
- Add the following essential oils to a base shampoo or your normal shampoo:
- 20 drops Pure Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 10 drops pure Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 100ml bottle of mild, unperfumed, pH balanced shampoo
- Shake well before every use
Recipe 8: Essential Oil Pre-Treatment:
- This recipe makes enough for short hair. Double up the quantities if you have long hair.
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Cider Vinegar
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- 1tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 drops pure Rosemary Essential Oil
Blend the egg yolk with the cider vinegar. Add 1 tbsp of Olive Oil in a slow, steady trickle, beating the mixture as you do so. Stir in the Lemon Juice and Rosemary Essential Oil. Very slowly, add the rest of the Olive Oil, whisking continuously. Massage into the hair and scalp. Leave for 5 minutes then shampoo your hair.
Recipe 9: Essential Oil Hair Rinse:
- Handful fresh Nettles (Wear gloves to pick leaves from the tip of the plants)
- 600ml Water, Boiling
- 2tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 5 drops pure Lavender Essential Oil
Wearing rubber gloves, put the Nettle in a bowl, pour over the boiling water and leave to steep overnight. Strain off the Nettle, add the Cider Vinegar and Lavender Essential Oil and pour over the hair as a final rinse,
Recipe 10: Anti-dandruff treatment:
- 1/2 cup Distilled Water
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 8 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 8 drops Bay Laurel or Tea Tree Essential oil
- In a 250ml container combine water, vinegar, Lavender and Bay Laurel Essential Oil.
- Pour a small amount of mixture into your palm and massage into scalp.
- Leave on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with water. No shampoo.
- The smell will be strong for an hour or so.
- Apply once weekly.
Tips on Making Shampoos:
- Use plastic travel bottles and jar
- Never use washing-up liquid as base, it is far too harsh
- Choose your base shampoo carefully. The shampoos in the shops are all detergent based. But the same detergent content which makes modern shampoos such effective cleaners can also strip the hair of the natural oils which keep it supple and shiny. The answer…, when buying a ready-made shampoo, is to look for the gentlest shampoo with the fewest additives. If you are trying to take a natural, yet practical approach, the simplest idea is to add your own essential oil to the ready-made shampoo (base). Alternatively, you could buy any fragrance free, frequent use, shampoo as a base. Some of these are also labelled ‘pH balanced’, which simply means they have the similar acidity level to that of the hair.
- Don’t forget that hair, like the skin, is reliant on a varied diet that is high in fruit and vegetables to keep it looking its best.
Tips on Shampooing
- Washing too often can make dry hair drier and overstimulated sebum production in greasy hair.
- Don’t use too much shampoo – it doesn’t make hair cleaner.
- Use plenty of water to work up lather and rinse thoroughly.
- Wet hair is far more fragile than dry hair, so treat it gently.
- I hope the above information will help you improve your outlook on hare care the natural way. Enjoy and have fun blending your own essential oils and producing your own hair care range
- The Beauty Fact File
- Angel Dust Aromatherapy Products
- Essential oils for hair growth