Owning youthful appearance with the bright and healthy skin is always the desire of both men and women. However, it is quite hard for you to fight against the time and other harmful environmental factors to protect your skin and maintain it as beautiful as you were young. After the age of 35, there are more problems relating to skin you have to face, particularly Melasma if you have no proper and effective methods of skin care. Besides the time-consuming beauty care services in high cost in the spas, you can put your faith in some therapies with the support of essential oils extracted from natural ingredients due to their safety and high efficiency.
What is Melasma?
On the basis of the studies of dermatology, Melasma is also known as hyperpigmentation that is skin discoloration with gradual formation of the black or brown spots on your skin depending on your age. Additionally, this appears not only on your face but also on the skin all over your body.
Commonly, the reasons of this status can be the side effects of some kinds of contraceptive, the abuse of beauty products, the health impairment at women during the pregnancy, the high work pressure or the increase of a kind of pigment named Melanin in skin cells. Also, other factors such as the impacts of aging, sunburn or acne contribute to change the pigment in your skin negatively.
Symptoms of Melasma
In reality, it is not hard for us to confirm the appearance of Melasma on the skin basing on following common signs.
- Black or brown spots are like moles in different sizes on your skin.
- Spots gather near lips, nose or on forehead and cheeks.
- Spots appear when the skin exposes to strong sunlight or you have the habit of staying up late for a long time.
- Spots affect the both sides of the face.
How are some essential oils good to treat Melasma?
Conventionally, you often take medicine when realizing that there is any abnormal sign happening to your body. However, this way is not always good for your health. According to dermatologists and aesthetic doctors, if your skin status is not severe, it is advised that you should give your priority in utilizing oriental therapies instead of abusing medicine or chemotherapy to regain the glowing skin as your desires. Basing on the results of experiments and reality, it showed that one of the most trustful and efficient methods is using pure essential oils due to both its some below benefits of skin care and safety.
Conditioning and moisturizing skin:
Indeed, we can see that the uses of skin conditioning and moisturizing are also written on the label of beauty products. In essential oils, these uses become better because these solutions are stronger and purer.
In addition, as essential oils are in the form of the liquid, our skin can absorb them easily and keep them all day. To be more precise, there are many nutrients and vitamins (E, A,..) in essential oils that can not only give your skin softness, smoothness and elasticity but also eliminate new dark-colored spots and repair the skin damage.
As mentioned above, the dust is one of the main factors causing acne and Melasma. Fortunately, some essential oils are high in the antimicrobial properties that can decontaminate and prevent the skin from the risk of infections and the attacks of Melasma.
Saving your skin from the harm of sunlight causing Melasma:
Melasma affected by UV rays is one of the most common forms of Melasma for the people living in the areas with strong sunlight or often directly exposing with sunshine. Meanwhile, there are many beneficial substances in some essential oils that can deal with this status efficiently. For these reasons, it is highly recommended that these people should utilize the essential oils to get the best results in curing the skin damages caused by UV as well as avoiding the formation of new spots in the skin.
For these benefits, some essential oils have used in preventing and healing Melasma more and more popularly. Here is the list of therapeutic essential oils you can apply to remove the dark spots on your skin.
Tea tree essential oil
In case you own a sensitive skin and the spots have just happened to your skin, tree tea essential oil can be an efficient supporter to deal with this problem. In fact, this type of essential oil is extracted from fresh tea tree through some simple steps. This one contains benzoyl peroxide acid that can remove acnes, spots and lighten the tone of skin after a short period of time. Therefore, you can completely believe in it.
Lemon essential oil
If you have the deep passion to snack and beverages, it is sure that lemon juice is no longer strange to you. Indeed, this kind of beverage provides your health and skin many benefits. However, the lemon essential oil made of lemon peels is better for your skin. Applying this essential oil on skin can control the hyperpigmentation, shrink the size of spots on the skin as well as whitening skin thanks to the uses of citric acid and alpha hydroxyl acid in it.
Carrot essential oil
This kind of essential oil is considered as the saver of aging skin because of its abilities to rejuvenate and recreate skin. Thanks to them, your skin will become softer and smooth without the appearance of any dark spots and wrinkles. Besides it, there is a large amount of vitamin A, B, C, K and antioxidants that can help improve the tone of your skin and protect it from the risks of negative effects of free radicals.
Frankincense essential oil
If you are finding a panacea for your skin affected by Melasma, Frankincense essential oil is a great remedy. When the substances in this essential oil penetrate to skin, they will impulse the production of new cells, improve the density of young skin cells and relieve the existence of wrinkles and patches on the skin. Due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, the status of acne and dry skin will be not big problems. In addition, as it is of natural origin, it is pure and unharmful to skin.
Rose essential oil
The uses of products extracted from rose, especially rose essential oil for skin are numerous. Also, it can be added to cosmetics and some kinds of toner to remove the make-up, maintain the moisture and care skin.
Some studies showed that there are some special compounds that have antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging abilities in rose. Thus, rose essential oil can enhance the health of skin, fade away melasma patches and heal the skin damages caused by acne without any side effects for the skin. Particularly, the status of dry skin or water loss can be controlled and managed by sniffing at this essential oil.
Eucalyptus essential oil
In reality, this essential oil is popularly used to heal some diseases and create some beauty remedies. Like other mentioned essential oils, it contains a lot of nutrients and vitamins that are beneficial for skin. If you apply it on your skin regularly, you will not need to worry about the harm of UV, sunburn, the appearance of acnes or spots of melasma.
Geranium essential oil
Some drops of this solution are all you need to solve some issues relating to the skin at the mild level. It can be used to clear your skin, make your skin more elastic and brighter and heal wounds efficiently. And of course, new patches of melasma or hyperpigmentation are not the exception. After 3-week use, it will give you a greater result than what you expect.
Castor seed essential oil
As the reviews of customers who have used Castor essential oils, their status Melasma is improved clearly after applying this essential oil for only 1 month. In particular, the black patches have been faded and then gradually disappeared to make way for the glowing skin. For these best results, it is because of production of extracting from pure Castor seed with a lot of nutrients that can make pigments in the area of skin suffering from Melasma back to normal status.
Myrrh essential oil
Myrrh essential oil is the following solution for skin care I would like to recommend to you. With the supports of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances in this essential oil, it can get rid of wrinkles, eczema, acne and melasma. Additionally, your skin also becomes healthier, firmer more glowing. To get the best results, you can combine it with other essential oils as the guidelines of some below recipes.
Patchouli essential oil
The uses of patchouli essential oil for aging skin need no doubt. The high content of vitamin E and C and the antiseptic properties of this essential oil can help your skin exfoliate dead cells and produce new cells, supply nutrients to nourish and increase the firmness of skin. Also, it is a good remedy to smear dark spots and contribute to treat Melasma.
Mandarin essential oil
When it comes to finding the best therapies for Melasma or hyperpigmentation, we can not ignore Mandarin essential oil due to its amazing properties that not many types of essential oil can give you. The consumption of this essential oil via digestion and penetration into the skin are two of the best ways to gain the efficiencies in healing melasma, avoiding the expanse of marks on skin and ringworm, rejuvenating skin and regulating the blood circulation. What is more, it is particularly safe and suitable for the pregnant women to remove chapped skin areas after having a baby.
Lavender essential oil
Besides its soft aroma and charming color, lavender also attracts you by its some great properties and benefits in curing psychological diseases as well as beauty caring. Meanwhile inhaling it can help you relieve some symptoms of anxiety and depression, applying and massage your body with Lavender essential oil can regulate the oil discharge in the skin, brighten the tone of skin, treat Melasma and eliminate its reasons causing this condition.
Pomegranate essential oil
Pomegranate essential oil was known as one of the most valuable secrets to care the appearance for the king and queen in the history. At present, it is used to make up medicine for skin cancer and aging skin. Having these uses is because of the existence of bioflavonoids and SPF in this essential oil. When going out with a thin layer of Pomegranate essential oil, these available substances will be like a shield not to allow UV rays to cause sunburn or melasma and harm to your skin. Also, it supplements a significant amount of vitamin A and E to maintain the youthfulness and glowing tone for your skin.
Apricot kernel essential oil
Apricot is a nutritious fruit that is planted and consumed in many countries in the world. Besides it, the leaves, seeds and apricot flower are also used in the therapies in the spas and beauty products. Actually, the essential oil made of the seeds of apricot enriches vitamin A, E and C that can whiten skin, eliminate spots caused by Melasma and increase elasticity for skin.
Recipes with essential oils for Melasma:
- 1 drop of Geranium essential oil.
- 1 drop of Frankincense essential oil.
- 1 drop of Lavender essential oil.
Directions to use:
- Mixing these essential oils in a small dark bottle well.
- Using a piece of cotton to apply this blend on affected skin areas and massaging them twice a day.
- 5drops of Lavender essential oil.
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil.
- 5 drops of Carrot essential oil.
- 3 drops of Geranium essential oil.
Directions to use:
- Blending them into a cup.
- Pouring this mixture into the bath water and immersing your body in the bath tub to relax about 10 minutes.
- 1 drop of pure honey.
- 2 drops of Castor essential oil.
- 2 drops of Carrot essential oil.
- 1 drop of Rose essential oil.
Directions to use:
- Creating a mixture from these ingredients in a small bowl.
- Washing your face and applying this mask on your face for 10 minutes.
- Removing it by using warm water.
- 50 ml of unsweetened fresh milk.
- 20 grams of Turmeric ground.
- 5 drops of Tea tree essential oil.
- 5 drops of Pomegranate essential oil.
- 10 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil.
Directions to use:
- Putting these ingredients in a small bowl and mixing them to get a pasty blend.
- Applying this mask on your face and letting it dry.
- Clearing your face with warm water.
- 50 grams of tea ground.
- 30 ml of unsweetened fresh milk.
- 10 drops of Patchouli essential oil.
- 10 drops of Mandarin essential oil.
Directions to use:
- Using a small bowl to combine these things.
- Massaging your face and your hands with this mixture in 15 minutes.
- Washing them with warm water.
Some notes you should know about using essential oils for Melasma:
- If your skin has the history to be sensitive to some essential oils, you should test by trying applying 1 drop of that essential oil on your skin and wait for 10 minutes.
- If you are allergic to some kinds of fruits or flower, your skin have the same reaction to essential oils extracted from those ingredients. Be careful! You had better consult the advices of dermatologist before using them.
- Due to volatile properties of essential oils, it is best for you to store them in dark bottles with lid and put them in cool and shady places to protect them from the effects of direct sunlight.
- You ought to dilute these essential oils with milk, carrier oils or other solutions not to do harm to your skin.
- Essential oils are always in the form of concentrated liquid with different substances so that you should not allow it contact with your eyes and keep them away from the reach of the kids.
- Above essential oils have various benefits in different level, it would be better for you to label their name exactly on each bottle to avoid some mistakes in using these essential oil for Melasma.
- Although its expiry date can last from 1 to 5 years, essential oils can give you their best benefits within 1 year.